Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Administration Assistant position. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
The main objectives of the Administration Assistant position are to provide administrative support to the Administration Manager. This will be accomplished by the timely, accurate, and professional completion of all basic office accounting as assigned by the Administration Manager. This position will include duties such as accounts payable, payroll processing, employee onboarding/human resources, budget management duties and other administrative duties as assigned. The Administration Assistant is expected to always maintain a positive image and adhere to our core values and Performance Triangle, which involves the balance of safe, productive and quality work practices.
- Coordinate and implement a quality and timely accounts payable system that promotes consistent timely payables.
- Coordinate and maintain continuity within the Purchase Order Standard Operating Procedure.
- Assist and process payroll in accordance with company pay schedule and policies.
- Data Entry- Assure accurate daily entry into Quick-Books.
- Assist with month end closing processes including reports, allocations, and budget updates.
- Coordinate and assist all assigned new hire onboarding duties, including I-9 documentation.
- Assist, distribute, and process Health / Vision / Dental/ 401K enrollments.
- Work collaboratively and as directed on all financial/accounting duties and company budget management assignments.
- Request and submit certificates of insurance for all clients and all new projects when applicable.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Conduct accurate tracking of employee vacation/sick pay, bonus/incentive pay, reimbursements and benefits.
- Perform tasks and other administrative projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Computer proficiency – MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- QuickBooks proficiency
- Accounting and accounts payables experience (preferred)
- Paylocity experience (preferred)
- The ability to handle highly sensitive and proprietary company data and information in an appropriate manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish(preferred)
- Must be able to sit in an open office environment for extended periods of time and working with computers and general office equipment
- Ability to lift 20 pounds
- High school diploma required
- Associate degree or higher relative to business administration, human resources or accounting (preferred)
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical/drug screening