Arborist Supply Coordinator
Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of primary duties which are essential functions of the Arborist Supply Coordinator position. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management.
The Arborist Supply Coordinator position is a full-time position that would require flexibility within work schedule times depending on the dynamics and needs of the business. The main objectives of the Arborist Supply Coordinator position are to support and assist all production arborists and other assigned staff. Duties would include to efficiently and effectively assure that arborists tools, parts, and equipment are available, organized and in safe working order. Maintain an inventory and check in/out process of arborists tools and equipment required for the production arborists to perform their jobs, and the organization, operation, and inventory of the Arborists supply / tool room. Maintain an organized and clean arborist supply room, including supplement storage in yard of arborist materials. It is expected that all services conducted in this position always maintain a positive image of Kramer Tree Specialists and adherence to the values of Kramer Tree Specialists and our Performance Triangle which involves the balance of safe, productive and quality work practices.
• Working with small engine repair vendors to assure that arborist small engine equipment and tools are maintained and repaired where applicable.
• Coordinate daily with the Production Scheduling Coordinator to assure all pertinent tools and materials are available for efficient and effective daily productivity.
• Develop and comply with the standard operating guidelines for the inventory of parts, timely scheduling of repairs and the timely preventive maintenance of arborist equipment and tools.
• Perform and document a monthly, quarterly, and annual inventory tracking report of arborist equipment and tools, including consumables (i.e. fuel, oil, etc.), of the production crews with inventory reports issued to the Production Manager.
• Actively participate in the holiday lights program. Providing support and assistance to assure that materials, tools, and equipment are available and functioning properly during the decorating season and that they are adequately prepared and ready for job completion. (Including inventory of materials)
• Assist with preparation of manual snow equipment (i.e. snowblowers, shovels, spreaders, etc.)
• Perform light duty preventative maintenance and minor repairs to the arborist small engine tools and equipment.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to lift a minimum of 70 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long period of times while working on equipment.
• Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of arborist tools and equipment
• Ability to communicate in Spanish is highly valuable.
• Small engine repair knowledge or ability to gain
• Preferred two years of arboriculture knowledge and experience.
Valid Illinois Drivers Licenses and to maintain a safe driving record