Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Shop Night Shift Fueling Crew position. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
This position is a part time position, working exclusively evening shifts with occasional weekends. The Night Shift Fueling Crew will report directly to the Production Manager and support each department within the company by providing timely loading and unloading of materials and equipment used by Kramer Tree Specialists field employees.
• Keep an accurate fuel log of trucks and equipment used on a day to day basis
• Clean out material that is returned to the yard in any of the trucks operated on a day to day basis
• Load and hook up trucks and equipment as assigned by the Production Manager
• Ability to take direction and carry out assigned tasks to completion
• Identify hazards in, on, or around the parking area, equipment line, fuel island, and mulch yard to insure that equipment or property is not damaged in the loading / unloading process.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• The ability to take and respond to directives issued by the Production Manager
• Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
• Independent judgment – targeted towards the development of creative solutions and the ability to solve spontaneous problems and/or issues that may arise.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Can work effectively under pressure.
• Ability to work at night and in possible inclement weather conditions.
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening
• Ability to work 2nd shift and possible Saturdays
• Standard Illinois drivers license is required ( Class D )
• Class (A) CDL preferred but not required