Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of primary duties which are considered to be essential functions of the Office Assistant position. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. management.
The Office Assistant is responsible for effectively interacting with clients in-person, by phone, e-mail, etc. The Office Assistant develops and maintains positive client relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure client requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner. The Office Assistant position is expected to always maintain a positive image of Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. and adhere to the values of Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. and our Performance Triangle, which involves the balance of safe, productive and quality work practices.
This is a full-time position with working hours in line with Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. business hours. Business hours are dictated by the season and are subject to change over the course of the year. Saturday work hours are required, typically April through October, twice a month. During this time, the office and mulch yard are open until early afternoon on Saturdays (actual times will be indicated to staff by their manager).
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answer phone calls, emails, or any other form of client contact.
- Effectively invoice work orders and process payments as needed.
- Receive guests in lobby.
- Provide support to all other Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. departments as needed or directed by your supervisor.
Mulch/Brush Drop Sales:
- Process mulch and brush drop sales in person, via phone, email, etc. and schedule mulch deliveries/services.
- Track mulch/brush sales and quantities of sales.
Brush/Leaf Collection programs:
- Provide support to clients and Mulch/Brush manager.
- Track and invoice brush contracts.
- Assist on special projects pertaining to mulch and brush services as directed by your supervisor.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively initiate, pursue and prioritize the completion of multiple tasks.
- Ability to service all levels within an organization, including both office and field employees, with a positive attitude, as well as the ability to handle highly sensitive data in an appropriate manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Bilingual (Spanish) helpful, but not required.