Seasonal Leaf Collection Driver
Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Mulch Division Leaf Collection Labor position. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
Seasonal Position Only
Position begins at the beginning of our leaf collection services and terminates upon completion of these services. Typical date range of this position is end of October through early December, range will vary slightly year to year due to weather and client requirements.
The main objectives of the Seasonal Leaf Collection Driver will be to drive and operate CDL A trucks for the collection and transfer of our curbside leaf collection services. Drivers may be part of a collection crew in the field or a transfer driver who awaits collection trucks to fill and swaps them out and returns the full truck back to our facility for disposal of the leaves.
- Report to work on time and be prepared and ready to work at scheduled start time.
- Safely and legally operate CDL A licensed vehicles, while following all company safety and operation procedures
- Dumping leaf collection trucks and following directions as to where and how to do so
- Communicate any hazards or potential hazards to the machine Operators, drivers, and other ground personnel.
- Work as a driver on a collection team and follow direction from crew foreman.
- Communicated effectively with other collection drivers, transfer drivers and the leaf collection manager to facilitate efficiency in the leaf collection operations.
- Report any damage to your crew foreman or leaf collection manager.
- Willingness to work in all types of weather conditions, including rain or snow conditions.
- Assure that the equipment that you operate is kept clean and safe to operate.
- Maintain a professional appearance of yourself and equipment at all times.
- Comply with all Kramer Tree policies and guidelines
- Treat clients, general public and staff members with respect.
- Actively participate in the implementation, and compliance of safety related programs.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Physically able to get in and out of CDL A license vehicles safely and effectively throughout the work day
- Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
- Ability to sit, walk or stand for extended periods of time throughout the workday
- Excellent communication skills with staff and clients. Bi-Lingual Preferred, but not required.
- Team player who works effectively in a team environment focused on safety, production, and quality of work.