Mulch Seasonal Brush Labor
Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Mulch Division Brush Collection Labor position. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
The main objectives of this position are to support brush collection services by assisting the loader operator with raking and other needs to safely and effectively pick up brush piles. Position will also assist with leaf collection services in November each year, dates are dynamic and dictated by leaf fall and weather conditions. Assist on other Kramer Tree services as directed by manager when brush or leaf services are not available. Collection laborers are expected to exhibit professionalism by exercising caution and following all safety and collection processes.
- Work on a crew tasked with collecting brush from curbside right of ways, municipal, residential or commercial properties. Work involves standing, walking, raking throughout the day in variable weather conditions.
- Maintain a consistent and deliberate awareness of your surroundings, paying specific attention to vehicle and equipment operations.
- Stand, walk and use basic hand tools such as rakes for extended periods of time in all types of weather conditions.
- Communicate any hazards or potential hazards to the equipment operators, drivers, or other ground personnel.
- Maintain consistent communication with other collection drivers, transfer drivers, brush laborers and Mulch Manager to facilitate efficiency in brush collection operations.
- Comply with all Kramer Tree policies and guidelines.
- Interact with staff, general public and clients with respect and professionalism at all times.
- Actively participate in the implementation, and compliance of safety related programs.
- Work on leaf collection crews in the Fall season (November – Early December).
- Assist, train and work on tree production crews when brush or leaf collection work is not available.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Able to rake leaves and debris 8+ hours per day
- Stand and/or walk for extended periods of time in all types of weather
- Communicate and work effectively with others
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Willingness and professional attitude to learn processes, procedures and new skills as needed. Focus on safe work practices and a purveying a professional image and attitude.