Seasonal Snow Laborer
Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Mulch Division Snow Operator position. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. While an effort has been made to thoroughly describe the customary manner in which this job is performed, reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities who may not be able to perform the job in the manner indicated.
The main objectives of the seasonal snow laborers are to conduct snow removal and clearing operations for clients in a timely manner consistent with company best practices and the instructions given by the immediate supervisor. Snow laborers are expected to exhibit professionalism by exercising caution and following all safe driving rules and regulations. Duties would include performing equipment and vehicle pre-trip / post-trip inspections.
- Perform snow removal service for clients in a timely and safe manner consistent with instructions given.
- Assure that snow equipment and vehicles are kept clean and safe to operate.
- Maintain a professional appearance of yourself and equipment at all times.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement winter weather conditions, stand and safely conduct snow removal operations.
- Treat customers and the general public with respect.
- Assure that all necessary paperwork is completed on a daily fashion.
- Actively participate in the implementation, and compliance of safety related programs.
- Report to work on time and safely in winter weather conditions.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
• Ability to safely operate equipment such as walk behind snow blowers, snow shovels, skidsteer or other mechanized equipment (preferred, not required)
• Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs., stand, walk and be outside in winter weather conditions
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Bi-Lingual Preferred, but not required.
- Valid Illinois driver’s License