Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of primary duties which are considered to be essential functions of the Diesel Mechanic position. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. management.
The main objectives of the Diesel Mechanic position is to carry out designated tasks as assigned by the Fleet Manager and or Shop Foreman. The Diesel Mechanic will report directly to the Fleet Manager and/or Shop Foreman and support all departments within the company by providing timely repairs and scheduled preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment within the company. The Diesel Mechanic is expected to always maintain a positive image and adhere to our core values and Performance Triangle, which involves the balance of safe, productive and quality work practices.
• Perform vehicle and equipment preventative maintenance and repair as directed by Fleet Manager and or Shop Foreman.
• Perform field repairs and maintenance in varying weather and terrain conditions.
• Ability to take direction and carry out assigned tasks to completion in a safe and timely manner.
• Ability to work possible overtime, weekends, and nights in the event of storm work or heavy work load as determined by manager
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
• Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
• Independent judgment – targeted towards the development of creative solutions and the ability to solve spontaneous problems and/or issues that may arise.
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Basic computer skills.
• Work effectively under tight deadlines.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Two (2) to five (5) years of truck and small engine experience.
• Provide your own tools
• Ability to pass pre-employment physical/ drug screen
• Valid Illinois drivers’ license in good standing required or ability to obtain upon hire, CDL preferred
• Fabrication skills preferred.