Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of primary duties which are essential functions of the Diesel Mechanic position. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our clients. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. management.
The main objective of the Diesel Mechanic position is to carry out designated tasks as assigned by the Fleet Manager and or Lead Mechanic. The Diesel Mechanic will report directly to the Fleet Manager and/or Lead Mechanic and support all departments within the company by providing timely repairs and scheduled preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment within the company. The Diesel Mechanic is expected to always maintain a positive image and adhere to our core values and Performance Triangle, which involves the balance of safe, productive and quality work practices.
- Perform vehicle and equipment preventative maintenance and repair as directed by Fleet Manager and or Lead Mechanic.
- Physically perform repairs and maintenance involving standing, crouching, getting in, under and around equipment as necessary.
- Perform field repairs and maintenance in varying weather and terrain conditions.
- Ability to take direction and carry out assigned tasks to completion in a safe and timely manner.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and nights as determined by Fleet Manager
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems on diesel and gasoline vehicles, equipment, and trailers
- Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
- Familiar with the proper usage of hand tools customarily used in repair activities
- Independent judgment – targeted towards the development of creative solutions and the ability to solve spontaneous problems and/or issues that may arise.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Basic computer skills.
- Work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Two (2) to five (5) years of truck and small engine repair, maintenance & diagnostic experience.
- Valid Illinois drivers’ license in good standing required. CDL Class A is desired
- Motor Vehicle Report review and approval (to be acquired by employee and provided to employer prior to drug testing)
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Provide your own tools