Kramer Tree Specialists
300 Charles Court, West Chicago IL 60185
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Sales Arborist position. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
The main objective of the Sales Arborist is to work under the direction of the Sales Manager to generate sales opportunities and meet sales goals. The Sales Arborist will report directly to the Sales Manager. Primary duties would include surveying commercial and residential properties, handling client proposal requests, and performing site inspections to identify and determine necessary arboricultural recommendations. Arborists must be able to consult the production crews regarding recommendations proposed. Responsible for developing and maintaining long-term client relationships and generating new business development leads through creative sales techniques. Must be experienced with tree care safety hazards, tree ID and pest/disease evaluation, Integrated Pest Management, and tree and shrub diagnostics for pest and disease disorders. Must be able to estimate time and cost for crews to carry out pruning, removal, cabling, or any other proposed tree care needs.
• Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
• Effectively price all types of tree care treatments and other services offered
• Strong communication skills for both internal and external clients – ensuring client satisfaction
• Knowledge and ability to understand other competitor pricing within local demographic
• Willingness to conduct client presentations for business development
• Strong outgoing personality to effectively communicate with clients in a professional social setting
• Perform site inspections for proposal preparation
• Provide required information necessary for the development of proposals. Such information would include:
- Development of site maps.
- Identification of plant material on site and the development of site plant inventory.
- Identification of current and potential pests.
• Ability to attain Certified Arborist certification
• Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance / image while on customers and potential customer sites.
• Participate in Sales Department meetings and actively comply with the Sales Department Standard Operating Procedures.
• Comply with all Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. policies and guidelines such as appropriate attire, etc.
• Actively participate in the implementation, and compliance of safety related programs.
• Working longer hours during peak selling periods with the potential for weekend work as necessary.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Arborist Certification
• Ability to identify problems and work in conjunction with others to implement effective solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with external and internal clients
• Advanced knowledge of tree identification, diagnostics, and services
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office) preferred
• Proven sales track record and ability to attain required sales goals
• Ability to effectively price tree care recommendations and other services offered
• Excellent organizational skills – ability to multi-task
• 2 – 5 years or more of tree service experience
• Valid Illinois – Driver’s License