Utility Clearance Arborist
Kramer Tree Specialists
Northwest Indiana (Various)
SHARE THIS JOB
The following is a list of specific duties, which are considered to be essential functions of the Utility Line Clearance Arborist General Foreman. The list is not exhaustive as all positions at Kramer Tree Specialists, Inc. are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
The main objectives of the Utility Line Clearance Arborist General Foreman are to provide leadership, direction and supervision to crews performing utility line clearance and vegetation management for electric utility providers. This position is responsible for the accuracy and submittal of all applicable paperwork as it pertains to the assigned work, as well as safety, production and performance of all crew members. It is our goal to abide by the highest ethical standards with a dedicated focus on safe work practices and adherence to all applicable OSHA and ANSI standards. This is a year round position with full benefits, compensation is based on qualifications and experience.
• Ability to operate, direct and supervise the use of chainsaws, hand tools and chippers in order to provide required vegetation clearance of utility electrical lines
• Plan, direct and provide periodic updates on daily activities of crew members and equipment in executing assigned work tasks in a safe, professional, and efficient manner
• Load and unload trucks with woody debris, brush, branches, logs, etc,. Lifting up to 50 lbs. will be required.
• Ability to be prepared to work in all types of outdoor conditions including all temperatures and types of weather, and be exposed to biting/stinging insects, irritating plants, dust, etc.
• Able and willing to work in an outdoor setting with potential or uneven terrain
• Effectively employ safe work practices around hazardous equipment and energized electrical lines. Be able and involved in setting up necessary work area protection zones utilizing arrow boards, barriers, warning signs, etc.
• Initiate and lead regularly scheduled crew meetings and safety meetings.
• Apply herbicide applications for vegetation management purposes as directed
• Work around excessive noise from equipment, chippers, chainsaws, etc. Employing safe work practices through application of tasks and use and ability to wear required personal protective equipment
• Ensure and verify overall quality and safety of the work done on each property, including attention to the details through proper property evaluations, quality site inspections, and pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
• Be accountable for and direct the maintenance, supplies and proper use of all company vehicles, equipment, and tools.
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to lead and direct multiple staff in a safe, productive and efficient manner in completing assigned tasks
• Able to work for extended periods of time, involving standing, entering and exiting a vehicle numerous times per day
• Experience in or ability to learn all applicable OSHA and ANSI Z133 standards as it applies to utility electrical line tree clearance
• Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies or as directed (weekends, holidays, storms, etc.)
• Valid First-Aid and CPR cards, or ability to attain upon hire
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, in order to effectively communicate with crew member and clients resolving issues of concern and/or contention in an effective manner for conflict resolution
• The capability to work safely and assure compliance of company and ANSI safety standards.
• Ability to operate a vehicle pulling trailers, CDL license preferred and may be required depending on job requirements
• Ability to attain pesticide applicator license as required by Kramer Tree Specialists and all local, state and federal laws
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Bi-lingual, English and Spanish (preferred)
• Valid driver’s license