Traditionally, National Arbor Day is observed on the last Friday in April. This year it is April 25th. It’s a time to celebrate trees, which includes planting new trees and nurturing existing trees. Arbor Day enjoys a long history in the United States. Over 135 years ago, Arbor Day was established as a day for planting trees. Click here for more information and ideas for celebrating Arbor Day. Locally, Illinois has many wonderful activities planned for Arbor Day.
Ideas for celebrating Arbor Day:
- Gather paper to recycle and save a tree!
- Conduct a tree identification search with your friends.
- Take a hike in a local forest preserve. Enjoy the trees that create this peaceful environment.
- Visit a local nature center for information on local trees and the wildlife it supports.
- Go to the Illinois Tree Climbing Championship in Libertyville! Click here for more information on this fun event taking place Saturday, April 26th.
Enjoy all that trees provide today and every day!
Have an idea for celebrating Arbor Day? Leave a comment!